Monday, May 11, 2009

Stafford County Judge Martin Bass awards 9-month-old to father who testified 'I don't want the kid, I just don't want [the mother] to have her'

My name is Melissa Barker. I had a custody hearing September 22, 2003, in which my child's father told the judge "I don't want the kid, i just don't want Miss Barker to have her." He also was allowed to slander my parents stating that my mother was a member of the Pagans motorcycle gang, and my father was a convicted murderer, therefore there are a danger to my daughter. Not once was he asked to provide proof of his allegations. He has had physical custody of my daughter since she was 9 months old. He had nothing to do with her in those first 9 months. During the hearing, his witnesses were allowed to testify, mine were not. His attorney believe it or not was allowed to subpoena my attorney, leaving me without counsel. I was under the impression there was something that was referred to as attorney client privilege. Apparently not in Stafford. Who was the judge on the bench you ask, none other than Martin Bass. It has been rumored to me that my ex or his lawyer (Cahtrine Saller) paid him off. It was also rumored to me that Bass is my exes current wife's uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment